Why Does it Matter? Get the facts.
Public Liquor Marts work FOR CUSTOMERS:
- Over 93% of Liquor Mart customers are satisfied with their overall experience.
- Customer satisfaction surveys rate front-line staff at public liquor marts as extremely professional and very knowledgeable about the products they offer.
- Public Liquor Marts are constantly modernizing to serve you better, from Express Liquor Marts in grocery stores to expanded hours and locations to bottle and cork stations to home delivery.
- Private liquor stores can be smaller than Liquor Mart locations, and limit selection due to shelf space. If you want selection, you want public — carrying more than 4,500 products.
Public Liquor Marts work FOR COMMUNITIES:
- Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries invests $12.9 million to promote safety, help fund addiction treatment services and help parents talk to their kids about alcohol.
- Public Liquor Mart staff are trained to spot intoxicated and underage buyers. The result: safer communities and less underage drinking.
- With enhanced security measures, Manitoba Liquor Marts were able to reduce thefts by 92%.
- In 2019, Manitoba’s public liquor stores began asking all customers for ID and refused services to over 12,000 intoxicated people and over 14,000 minors.
- Manitoba’s public liquor sales create more than a thousand community-supporting jobs.
Public Liquor Marts work FOR MANITOBANS EVERYWHERE:
- Profits from Manitoba’s Public Liquor Marts stay in Manitoba. From 2020-2021, they generated over $320 million in profits and tax revenue that went to fund health, education and other crucial services.
- Because Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is a Crown corporation, we all own it — and it’s accountable to all of us, not to a handful of shareholders and foreign investors.
- Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries invests in sponsoring events large and small across the province — from bringing the Canada Summer Games here, to supporting community events and festivals like Special Olympics Manitoba and Folklorama.
What makes a great cocktail? Equal parts expert service, great selection and social responsibility.
Keeping liquor public helps keep alcohol out of underage hands
We’re a coalition of Manitoba organizations working for public safety, strong communities and quality public services.